Birthday Ideas in Sydney
Whether you are a visitor to this wonderful city or have the amazing good fortune to live here, Sydney offers some of the most inspirational and unique birthday ideas imaginable. With its golden coves and beaches, iconic buildings, sprawling parks, magnificent fine dining opportunities and spectacular cityscapes and scenery, Sydney is guaranteed to afford you the birthday of a lifetime, whatever your personal taste or predilections.
With so much to choose from, this mini-guide can only scratch the surface of the plethora of opportunities this most remarkable city has to offer. We hope it gives you a bit of a taste of what’s out there and offers some inspiring ideas for your forthcoming “birthday bash”.
Birthday Ideas in Sydney
- Fancy starting your birthday with a difference? Well how about a delicious buffet breakfast with Koalas at Wild Life Sydney Zoo in Darling Harbour? You’ll breakfast in a beautiful and serene bush garden setting surrounded by gum trees with the fresh scent of oils from eucalyptus leaves sparking your senses. You’ll be there before the morning crowds and with a friendly koala bear to join your birthday breakfast guest list, you’ll have the most unique of experiences. And of course, early morning is when koala bears are at their most active, so you really will see them at their cutest.
- If celestial stars are your thing, then head down to Sydney Observatory for a most memorable birthday treat. The Observatory offers guided tours every night of the week with start times varying according to the time of the year. This is a highly sought-after attraction and booking in advance is absolutely essential. Every tour will give you close ups of stars, constellations, planets and the Moon through advanced high tech viewing equipment, although sightings can be weather dependent. And with a tour of the planetarium thrown in, accompanied with the incredible indigenous sky stories your Aboriginal Astronomy guides will tell, this really is a birthday opportunity not to be missed. And it’s affordable too!
- If you’re feeling a bit more adventurous and your budget isn’t too tight, how about a sea plane or helicopter ride over Sydney Harbour? Imagine the thrill of rising above the crowds to be afforded a full panoramic, bird’s eye view of Sydney’s spectacular skyline and stunning beaches in all their glory! Rides take you out over Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney Opera House and above the Pacific Ocean, from where you can look down on world famous Bondi Beach. Don’t miss the glistening waters of beautiful Marouba Beach and the stunning properties of Dover Heights and Vaucluse perched high on the magnificent sandstone cliffs at the southern head of Sydney Harbour. If time is at a premium, this gives a fantastic opportunity to see as much as possible far above the crowds whilst sitting back and relaxing in the comfort of your exclusive seat.
- How about High Tea with a difference to celebrate your birthday? And when we say, “High Tea”, we mean it in every sense of the term! If theme parks are your thing, then Sydney has the best to offer with Luna Park, Australia’s favourite theme park, right on your doorstep. And from May to September, it offers the most unique of “High Tea” experiences on its very own Ferris Wheel. You’ll have a private dining carriage, seating up to four people, with wine and a delicious menu set before you relax into the experience and gently rotate 35 metres up and above the waters of Sydney Harbour. What better way to enjoy your birthday than to soak in the scenery and atmosphere of such an experience? And of course, you may be lucky enough to experience the most spectacular views as the sun sets over one of the iconic locations of the world.
- If you’re looking for a bit of an adventure, you’re not afraid of water, your fitness levels are good and you want to escape the noise of the city, an early morning sea kayak jaunt on Sydney’s beautiful harbour could be just what you are looking for. A sea kayak offers the special opportunity to get up close to the natural wonders of the harbour and also provides the exclusive possibility to observe its natural marine life. With your adrenalin racing as you paddle the waters to right beneath Sydney Harbour Bridge, this experience will give you the most unforgettable of birthday memories to treasure forever.
- For the adrenalin junkies amongst you, how about opting for either a day or night climb of Sydney Harbour Bridge? As you slowly ascend to the top of Sydney’s iconic bridge, you will have unsurpassable views of the harbour and Opera House. Accompanied by Professional Climb Leaders, you will walk along the catwalks and ladders of the outer arch of the bridge, all the way to the summit at 134 metres. The subliminal views, electrifying adrenalin rush, enormous sense of achievement as you reach the top will give you memories to last forever. Day and night climbs are equally exciting but obviously will have a completely different character to them. Night Climbs, as the name suggests, occur in the dark hours. On Night Climbs, you are guided by your specially provided headlamp (carefully focussing on your footing) whilst looking down through the shadowy structure gazing on the magnificent blaze of the Sydney skyline from the summit.
Birthday Cruises on Sydney Harbour
Whether it’s fine dining, sightseeing, a sunset cruise, partying, cocktails, swimming or simply catching up with friends you like, we feel that we at Karisma Cruises can offer it all. Our catamarans are beautiful and unique, offering spacious entertaining areas, a superb sunbathing deck and even an on-board spa. We’ve been operating in Sydney Harbour since 2011 and our bespoke packages are unrivalled.
For an informal chat on how we can fulfil your birthday dream with a privately chartered cruise on the waters of Sydney Harbour, please contact us today.